Friday, May 05, 2006

New Game: Bison -- Is It For 4 or 5 Players?


One key to happiness – GAMES


A new game being released soon (in English) grabbed my attention quickly. Bison sounds like it has a theme and gameplay I would very much enjoy, but I may not be purchasing it.

I only want games that can be played by at least 6 players, or games for 5 players that I can extend to 6 players. Early information about Bison on two websites indicates that it is for 2-5 players, but the latest information on a third website says it is for 2-4 players. The first two sites are: BGG and Gamepack. The third is BoardGameNews. So, which is correct?
** Well, this is interesting. Within 5 hours after posting this blog, the article I read on BoardGameNews has disappeared. What's that about? **

To further complicate it, the database on BGG includes this list of box contents: “Contents: 21 game tiles, 32 Indians, 12 markers, 24 tents, 24 canoes, 4 displays, 16 energy stones, 1 start player piece, 1 rules booklet.” The items which would appear to be used by individual players are all divisible by 4, but not by 5, which indicates to me that the game is NOT designed for 5 players.

Anyone know the real scoop on this game?

--- Gerald … near Denver, Colorado; April 2006
aka gamesgrandpa -- A grandpa who is a mile high on gaming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home